Tuesday, May 6, 2008

American Idol - the real deal

What can I say? We were on American Idol. I think I've been "discovered" or I have just "discovered" what a cult TV show can do to a responsible adult if she is withing 3 feet of a celebrity. Let's just refer to my actions as star crazed.

Here are the rundowns of the events:

  • We had priority seating thanks to Elizabeth. No waiting in long lines.
  • We were on the floor next to Randy.
  • I shook Paula Abdul's hand.
  • Randy gave me a high five.
  • Didn't touch Simon but not for a lack of trying.
  • WAS ON NATIONAL TV and was right behind David Archuletta.
  • Realized how much Jason Castro did not belong on TV.
  • Had a sign but was standing so gave it to some little girls. I don't think it made it on tv.
  • Paula hugged my sister-in-law Elizabeth.
  • Randy said my brother-in-law Morgan was a funny guy.
  • You can't really hear anything in the studio.
  • Aside from not being able to hear much, David Archuletta has the best voice.
  • Did I mention Jason Castro is worse than I thought?
  • Talked to Syesha's parents - who were quite nice. Took a picture with them too!
  • Ryan Secrist is GREAT at his job.
All in all - it was the perfect day. We got to spend some fun family time with Elizabeth and Morgan and it is always a good afternoon when I get to leave work early and spend it with my husband! Thanks for the tickets Elizabeth!!!!

Here is some photographic evidence that we were in fact, ON TELEVISION. The pictures are poor quality because our TV is old but I am hoping Elizabeth will have some better ones from her TV.

Do you see us? I am to the right of David Archuletta. Darren is directly above David's head, Elizabeth to the left and Morgan right above Jason Castro's head. I don't want to brag but we are AMAZING!!!!

Terrible picture of me but still counts as proof. What was that face???


And I am off to a work meeting in LA for the next 3 days. Yipee! Otherwise this post would be much longer.

8 comments:

Christy said...

That is freaking awesome. I am so sad we don't have that recorded. I am going to search the internet for the footage. You are too funny. love you.

Ryan and Bethany said...

You can definitely brag all you want! That is so cool you were on American Idol!

k8 said...

SO AWESOME! you are hilarious nikki.

Kylee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylee said...

Nikki! I am so glad I found your blog--check out mine for a bunch more extended family blogs.

Small world that I went to Jerusalem with your husband Darren in 2000.

You look so happy! miss you and love you!

Team Caldwell said...

Are you freaking kidding me? I have to coolest friends. you all have the craziest connections. I am going to have to tell everyone I know!

Anonymous said...

Nicki...wish I could be there. Nice re-cap. So, is David A going to take it all????

Katie said...

How fun! I'm glad you hear someone say they didn't like Jason Castro! I could never understand why he was ever even on the show...