Wednesday, March 31, 2010

That was Then - 2000

My apologies if people thought my last post was a little worrisome. I was trying to be funny but I think I sounded a little tired/done with pregnancy. I am pretty tired, but not done with the pregnancy. Yet. (This could change at any moment :))

I did want to document the last decade with a picture to represent each year.

Here is the year 2000:


My sister Misha and I are in old town Jerusalem. We were part of the BYU study abroad program in the Summer 2 Group of 2000. We were actually one of the last groups that were able to attend a normal semester before it was closed down for a few years. We considered ourselves very lucky to be a part of the group. In all honestly it was Misha who made this experience happen. She was the one who reminded me to fill out paperwork, deadlines, forwarded me information on student loans.

Because of her efforts the trip was simply - INCREDIBLE. It was incredible to travel through the Holy Land but there were also great teachers, classmates that became lifelong friends, and about 14 rolls of film to document how much we managed to laugh on this trip. It was simply FUN. And made more fun by having an automatic friend to share it with.

Strange fact - Darren was a part of the Summer 1 Group. His group left a few days before our party arrived. Maybe things would have been different if we had crossed paths a few years earlier? Hmmm. I wonder if I would have been mature enough to realize that this is the guy I was going to marry? Probably not. Although I was in college, I still had a lot to learn.

2 comments:

Cheltsie Spils said...

Oh how dreamy. A trip to the holyland is an experience of a lifetime!! JEALOUSY! {P.S.} Cant wait to see these little darlings! Hugs, Chels

Jacqui said...

I'm thinking of you all the time. I can't wait to get the details. Good luck!